What is a Data Structure???
- A DS Represents a finite collection of data.
- Size of the collection is known before execution i.e static DS & is fixed e.g-Arrays
- Size of the collection will be known during execution i.e variable or dynamic DS e.g-Linked List
- It demonstrates relationship among the members- fits collection
- It has methods to process members. i.e addition, deletion- fits collection
The entire triplet is called a Data Structure.
Example of Data Structures are Stack, Queue, Linked List, Trees, Arrays, Files etc.
Simple Definition for anyone to understand. I suggest every one to explore this topic more and more to become a good programmer.
- New course: Algorithms and Data Structures – Part 2 (pluralsight.com)